Primary Care Networks
A Primary Care Network (PCN) is a network formed from GP practice populations working in partnership with others to provide health and care to local communities.
What do Primary Care Networks do?
Each PCN has a community focused trio consisting of a Lead GP, a Lead Clinician and an Operational Manager. Specialist services and community hospitals work closely with the PCNs to ensure a whole system approach to working across Surrey Downs.
PCNs are setup to:
- Provide ongoing care and support
- Deploy the most appropriate staff member(s) in a co-ordinated and timely way to best use community resources
- Reduce risk of admission for patients
- Support people in their homes, people in care homes and through in-reach into hospitals where necessary
- Work closely with the community hospitals and specialist teams
There are six PCNs covering Surrey Downs Health and Care Partnership:
- Banstead Health Care
- East Elmbridge
- Integrated Care Partnership